Sunday 1 January 2012

10 TV Shows I Want to Watch in 2012

This year, instead of vowing to watch less television as I did last year, I decided to embrace the TV whore I am. But instead of vegging on the couch watching repeats of The Simpsons and That 70's Show, I'm going to try to watch some quality television. Those shows I've been meaning to start watching for years but just never got around to it. And since almost half of these shows are available on Netflix Canada for me to stream RIGHT NOW I have no excuses - no worries about maxing out my bandwidth by downloading four seasons of Mad Men or having enough cash to buy all four seasons of Breaking Bad on DVD. So here is my new years resolution: 10 TV Shows I Want to Watch in 2012.

1. Mad Men


This show has won so many awards, I just have to watch it to see what all the fuss is about. I'm also in love with Christina Hendricks and Jon Hamm so I don't really know why I haven't watched it yet.

2. Breaking Bad


My boyfriend and his friends won't shut up about this show and keep nagging me to watch it. I watched pretty much the whole first season and wasn't too impressed with it, but I'm willing to give it another chance - even if it's just to get them off my back.

3. Californication


I've watched the first season and half of season two, but I really need to finish it.

4. Shameless 


I watched one episode of this when it came on after something else and I was too lazy to change the channel. It was very interesting and I'm going to try to find some time to watch it this year. 

5. The Walking Dead


I've seen a couple episodes of this and it didn't really grab me, but I keep hearing such good things about it I want to give it another chance, and since I love zombies this should be right up my alley.

6. Sons of Anarchy 


I haven't really heard much about this show, I just think that a show about a biker gang sounds interesting.

7. Nurse Jackie


I didn't hear anything about this show until Edie Falco won an Emmy for Best Actress in a Drama Series and that piqued my interest. 

8. Boardwalk Empire


I'm constantly hearing how amazing this show is and I love Steve Buscemi so I'm going to give it a try.

9. Louie


I watched the first couple of episodes of this show and thought it was hilarious but my boyfriend didn't like it and wasn't interested in watching any more of it, so I guess I'll just watch it by myself.

10. Wilfred


Also watched the first couple of episodes of this with my boyfriend and we both thought it was hilarious but I sort of forgot about it. We'll have to watch it the next time we're bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment