Sunday 8 January 2012

My Favourite Sweet Valley Books

I loved Sweet Valley books when I was a kid. When I got into The Baby-sitter's Club, I started reading Sweet Valley Twins too. I read a lot of them, but by the time I worked my way through them and moved onto Sweet Valley High I was a bit sick of Jessica and Elizabeth, so I read fewer SVH books than SVT books. When the Sweet Valley Jr. High series came out in 1999 I was enthralled with them for awhile but eventually abandoned them for Christopher Pike and R.L. Stine. Anyway, here’s a list of my favourite Sweet Valley books.

Slam Book Fever
I loved this book so much that I started my own slam book when I was in Grade 7…it didn’t catch on like I had hoped. Ann M. Martin wrote a much more depressing book about slam books simply titled Slam Book. In that book a teenage girl commits suicide because of something a person wrote in a slam book.

Double Jeopardy
Since I’ve always been a horror fiend, I usually preferred reading something dark instead of the light and fluffy Sweet Valley books, so I loved the Sweet Valley Super Thrillers. This one was about the twins’ summer internships at Sweet Valley News and a murder mystery.

A Stranger in the House
Sweet Valley does Cape Fear! When a man the twins’ father sent to jail is released, he comes after them. Another Super Thriller.

The Wakefields of Sweet Valley
A book about five generations of Wakefields. One of the Sweet Valley Sagas.

The Class Trip
I loved this Sweet Valley Twins book because it was so out there. There’s a talking mouse and sea serpent, among other crazy fairy tale creatures. Very interesting and different from other Sweet Valley books.

 The Ghost in the Graveyard
Just as I loved SV Super Thrillers, I loved SV Super Chillers. They always had more of a supernatural element than the latter, so I found them even more appealing.


Get Real
This was the first book in the Sweet Valley Jr. High series. I saw it on a shopping trip with my grandma and it was only 99 cents, so I figured why not try it? When am I ever going to see a BRAND NEW book for 99 cents again? Most USED books aren’t even 99 cents! Anyway, I loved it. I liked how the book was written from several characters’ point of view instead of just the twins’ perspective.

 Jessica’s First Kiss
I don’t remember that much about this book except that I enjoyed it a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment