Saturday 24 December 2011

2 Christmas Books From My Childhood

Reading a Christmas-themed children's book at Christmastime is an annual tradition for many families. Usually it's one of the classics Twas the Night Before Christmas or How the Grinch Stole Christmas, but as I child I got sick of those quickly and these two books became my new Christmas favourites.

The Best Christmas Pageant Ever


My third grade teacher, Ms. Arthur, read this to my class in December 1994 and I adored it. It's a very funny book about the Herdmans, a family of six terrible kids who decide to take over the church Christmas pageant one year, despite never being to church before and knowing nothing about Jesus. It's a must-read and if you haven't read it before, do it this Christmas. 

A Little House Christmas


I was obsessed with the Little House Books back in the day, so I naturally loved this book even though it's just all the Christmas scenes from all the other books compiled into one. But if you love the Little House Books this is a good read for Christmas so you don't have to bother skimming through each book to find the Christmas scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment