Sunday 4 December 2011

Welcome!

Hello, my name is Melissa and I'd like to welcome you to my blog, Sweet Valley of the Dolls. If you haven't already guessed, I took Sweet Valley High and mashed it together with Valley of the Dolls - a book series I loved as a child and a novel I read a few years ago and became obsessed with, respectively.

As I'm sure you've already discovered when you read the "About Me" in my sidebar (because that's always the first thing everyone reads) I created this blog as an outlet for my obsessions.

Nostalgia - I love reminiscing about my (mostly) happy childhood. I grew up with all the usual 90's things - and some 80's things - Judy Blume, Degrassi (I'm Canadian), The Babysitter's Club, Sweet Valley High, Polly Pocket, Doug, JTT, Freddie Prinze Jr., etc.

Current Pop Culture - I love books, TV and movies. Some favourites include Valley of the Dolls (duh), The Handmaid's Tale, White Oleander, How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Bridesmaids, Pineapple Express and Forgetting Sarah Marshall. I love Judd Apatow movies and am OBSESSED with Jason Segel.

Food - I love to eat and learning a new recipe each week was one of my 2011 New Year's Resolutions (and a big FAIL), so I thought maybe if I make that a 2012 Resolution and blog about my experience, I would be more likely to complete it. I will most likely focus on baking because I have a huge sweet tooth.

I'm also obsessed with horror and have a blog to discuss that. But right now I'm getting a bit tired of horror. I've been reading and watching pretty much just the one genre for such a long time. That's the biggest reason why I started Sweet Valley of the Dolls - I miss blogging and I can't exactly write a post about how awesome 10 Things I Hate About You is on a horror blog.

Thanks for stopping by! Oh, and stay classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment